The concept of "Long-term Care" is defined in the Social Security and the model conditions for the private nursing compulsory (MB / JPA 1996). After, referred to in the book conditions, be granted insurance benefits. " Long-term Care" the purposes of this book are people who due to physical, mental or psychological illness or disability for the ordinary and recurring operations in the course of daily life in the long run, probably for at least six months, a significant or greater degree (§ 15) in need of assistance. "
In determining the need for care of relief needs in the regularly recurring operations in the course of daily life in the areas of basic care and following home activities of care is taken into account:
- Body Care
Washing, showering, bathing, oral hygiene, combing, shaving, bladder or bowel emptying.
Bite-sized preparation or absorption of food
Independent get up and going to bed, dressing and undressing, walking, standing, leaving and loking again the apartment (for example) for doctor visits.
- Home Economics Supply
Shopping, cooking, cleaning the house, washing, changing and washing clothes, heating the home.
Level of Long-term Care :
Care Level I (greatly in need of care): persons who have accounts in need of personal hygiene, nourisment , mobility and hauswitschaftliche Provision of at least 1.5 hours per day assistance, with the basic care for more than 45 minutes
Care Level II (Schwerpflegebedürftige): persons who have accounts in need of personal hygiene, nourisment , mobility and hauswitschaftliche Provision of at least 3 hours a day help with basic care to more than 2 hours.
Care Lvel III (Schwerstpflegebedürftige): persons who have accounts in need of personal hygiene, nourisment , mobility and hauswitschaftliche Provision of at least 5 hours a day help with basic care to more than 4 hours.
In the edition of the Focus 32 from 2009, the following costs and demands for care have been published:
These questions are discussed by experts to assess dementia your loved one
- Leaves your member unexpectedly and / or no reason in the apartment?
- Recognizes your relative risks, for example if he shaves or walking across the street? Does he eats spoiled food? How do your relatives go with fire around?
- How respond your relative, if you want to help him? Curses he? Destroyed he mischievous objekts?
- Urinates he in inappropriate places? Or cries he and cries constantly for no reason? Bother he some stranger sexually?
- Expresses your relative needs of their own accord, such as hunger or thirst? Wets your relative one, without realizing it himself ?
- Can he member of his daily routine to make himself ? For example, can he plan his shopping himself?
- Is Your relative sleeping through the night? Is he sleeping more day?
- Do your relative know a member of the week, the season? Does he always know where he is?
- Does your relative feel persecuted? Does he still know himself in the mirror?